We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Monday, March 29, 2010

Bloody Finger

So the finger saga continues. For those of you who don't know how it began, it happened like this...
Two months ago, when Coco and I first arrived in Antigua for the start of our travels, we were dropping Angus at work one sunny morning (actually I seem to remember it was raining slightly) and the task of assembling the buggy, as featured in our blog title, fell on yours truly. Although I have successfully managed this duty for the previous six months, on this particular morning, my fingers got in the way and the buggy ate the tip of my ring finger.
Luckily it was still attached (just) and the brilliant Jonathan at ABSAR managed to sew it back on for me. It was a nightmare though having to look after Coco one handed. Angus was flat out at work so I really was having to cope alone. Since then, although the wound has healed well, I have had several infections due to the nail regrowing INTO my finger.
However, today I saw a surgeon who has managed to cut away some of the finger so that the nail can grow out again. It feels like, after two months, I am back to square one. Bandaged up again, burning pain, daily dressing changes and, most importantly, no swimming!
Hopefully though, this is it. I will now fully recover and this will be an end to the whole sorry tale.
Fingers crossed!
On a happier note, Ranger won the St Barths Bucket and Angus should be home with us in a matter of days... yippee!

No comments:

Post a Comment