We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Monday, December 20, 2010

Our Neighbourhood

Check it out - it is a whole different reality...


The play park is pretty normal but lovely and just a couple of minutes walk from our home. How lucky are we?! The funniest thing is the fact that everyone comes here in golf carts! Nobody walks in Fort Lauderdale, you either jog or drive or, in our neighbourhood you drive around in a golf cart like it is some kind of holiday resort! It is very funny.



This is one of the less splendid houses - yes really.


A view of the canal.


A view from the bridge, everyone appears to have a private jetty!


And some of those jetty's have some pretty big private day cruisers on them!


They go to town on the decorations on this side of the Atlantic!


I think the Christmas decorations look so funny alongside the palm trees.


If I was to choose any house around here - this is my favourite.

Just in case you were wondering, as Coco and I walked around taking photos, I was wearing a t-shirt covered in hummus, I haven't worn make-up in at least four days and Coco had yogurt around her mouth from lunchtime because she won't let me wipe her face at the moment without screaming the house down! So we may be living amongst some of the most well groomed houses and people in Florida but we still have a lot to learn!

I hope this bit of sunshine helps to defrost some of you guys back in the UK?

1 comment:

  1. That would be my choice of house too...it's gorgeous!!! Oh what different worlds you live in..! I think the hummus, yoghurt, make up thing is actually a very good lesson a few of your Fort Lauderdale neighbours should possibly subscribe too!!!!

    It's called 'The Real World'....xxxx

    ReplyDelete