We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Saturday, November 13, 2010

The joys of Saturday

I'm just going to make it. It's late on Saturday evening but I want to take a few moments to tell you that...

This Saturday I am grateful for...

Uncle Gaby - My lovely (not so little) little brother. I am always grateful for him but especially this Saturday as, out of the blue, he offered to have my darling daughter for the day to give Angus and I the day together - child free! He did it all with no hesitation; play, lunch, naps, a trip to the park, even nappy changes! It was amazing, we had a wonderful time on our day off (more of that later) and, I think, they did too!

The sound of a game of tennis - Angus and I met playing tennis. We were both pretty good in our youth! We don't get to play very much anymore, hardly ever in fact, but when we do I love it. We played today when we were child free and as we hit the ball back and forth in the warm sunshine, I took a moment to enjoy the sound of the of the ball as the bounce echoed around the court. That sound is so evocative, it brings back so many happy memories. We should play tennis more often.


A perfectly chilled glass - oh who are we kidding... bottle - of Sauvignon Blanc - Just because it is delicious and helps the world go around!


Thank you again to Maxabella for setting up such a lovely Saturday link-up.

7 comments:

  1. I love the sound of tennis too. I can't play for peanuts, but I just love that 'thwack' as the ball hits the racquet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A child free day can be so rejuvenating! Glad you got to enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a great saturday - hope you enjoyed it - great to find your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice thing to do on your "day off" together. Having time just for the two of you is so important. It's wonderful to have lovely uncles at the ready.

    Happy weekend to you, Louisa. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well done Gabes...! Yes, I remember your many hours at the tennis club in Salisbury, very well. How lovely to be able to just slot back in like that at a moments notice! It sounds like a lovely Saturday all round....xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I played tennis as well, long time ago.... my whole family did actually as we were living just across a court!
    By now everybody moved and nobody plays anymore... pity...
    Lucky you for a nice day together! Did not happen here for a long time...too long... but no family anywhere close!
    Happy Sunday Darling!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How good does that wine look going in to the glass! Nodded away with your grateful comments. I've just discovered your blog and become your latest follower. Pop over and see my Shamozal at 4 kids, 20 suitcases and a beagle some time. Kirsty (Shamozal)

    ReplyDelete