We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Singing my troubles away

One of my very favourite bloggers is the lovely Maxabella from the wonderful land of Oz. Her blog is always completely inspiring, thought provoking and uplifting - I adore it. You MUST go and have a read. On Saturday's she always stops, reflects and tells here readers what she is grateful for. I am jumping on the bandwagon and would like to share with you some of the things in my life today for which I am thankful...

Skype - I am constantly blown away by the fact that I can sit on my computer, nearly 4500 miles from home, and I can have a clear, face to face conversation with my Mummy. It makes being away all the time that little bit easier. It is magic!

Cool Breezes - After a blisteringly hot week in Florida, the thunderstorms came, the air cleared and today we enjoyed a clear sky, warm sun and a beautifully cool breeze. We spent the afternoon at the park, walking, talking and playing and all at a comfortable, constant temperature.

Headache Pills - Although today has been blissfully relaxed, it didn't stop a nasty headache bugging me all afternoon. However, a bottle of water and a couple of paracetamol and I feel as right as rain!

My Husband - I've been a little homesick since leaving the UK and my gorgeous husband has spent today helping to lift my spirits. He even put The Best of Andrew Lloyd Webber in the car so that I could sing all my troubles away at the top of my mediocre voice!

What are you grateful for this weekend?

8 comments:

  1. I can't believe this... I looked for you in my reader just now as I thought "I haven't been to see Louisa in ages", clicked over and LOOK, there's my name! I'm so happy you joined Grateful Saturday. I love that pic of Coco.

    I'm off to have a mosey around the past couple of weeks on your blog 'cos I've been absent! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am thankful for Ms Maxabella because through her forum I have met the most wonderful blogeristas such as yourself.

    I'm happy to inform you that I've signed on for the ride and will be most interested to share the journey with you.

    Felicity x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice post! It is hard living so far from family, skype is a wonderful thing! This week I am thankful for wine :) Payton has been very feisty this week and I am doing my best to deal, the wine helps :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, all very true Louisa and all very necessary.

    You know this weekend has been so chilled and relaxed. We have shared some gorgeous family moments together and for me...I am very grateful for those!!!! xxxx

    Coco looks like she is about to take a great adventure...big kiss to u all. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am continually thankful for Skype. Without bouts of homesickness would be unbearable. Now if I could just do something about those pesky time zones...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww!! Such a lovely post!! I'm thankful for the baby free time I had but then I'm even more thankful to have him back in my arms making me smile!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fantastic post! I've also been feeling very grateful for everything that I have been blessed with this week, it's such a nice feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it. Being positive is so important. Smiles are contagious.

    ReplyDelete