We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Oh What a Night!

Jack, Jack, Jack, Jack, JACK - you didn't disappoint me. Once again, Jack Johnson delivered a phenomenal  concert for his To The Sea Tour - and this time, it was even more special because I had my gorgeous Coco with me. The only dampener was the fact that Angus didn't manage to make it. When I realised that I would be going it alone, I nearly chickened out. After all, dealing with a ten month old baby alone, at a pop concert, with 19,000 people milling around is a little daunting. However, I made the decision - maybe not an entirely sensible one - that I would give it a go. After all, I could always come home if it all got too much.

Needless to say, it was all absolutely fine. Luck was on our side in that the rain held off as I don't think it would have been possible if both Coco and I were drenched, and what started off as a scorching day cooled slightly. Coco was totally over excited all evening with all of the people, the music, the lights and the attention she got from everyone. She was however, completely oblivious to the highlight of my night. Before going into the venue, I found a pleasant grassy area under a tree with a picnic table. There was nobody around so Coco and I set up camp for our picnic tea and run around before getting pj's on being secured in the sling for the rest of the night. Just on the other side of the fence was the warm-up stage and although we couldn't see anything we could here G. Love and ALO playing an acoustic warm up set. It was perfect. Then, I thought I recogized the voice and sure enough, Jack joined them for a couple of numbers - I was over the moon. I felt like we had just heard a little secret bonus track. But that wasn't it. A couple of security guards came and stood by the fence and said lovely things about Coco and then the next thing, a gate opens and out walks... G. Love!!! Followed by... Zach Gill!!! Followed by... JACK JOHNSON!!! They were literally about three meters from us. I just stood there like a lemon and said "say hi to Jack, Coco", she waved and they all waved back! How cool is that!

The rest of the evening just sailed past, right 'To The Sea'. The music was fabulous, our seat was really good, Coco danced in her sling and laughed her head off at the clapping and cheering and then literally passed out half an hour into the show and I still managed to strut my stuff, even though I had a sleeping baby strapped to my front. The only slight downer was that 'Better Together', Angus and my wedding dance, was in the encore and I didn't dare wait until the very end to get out of the venue, so I missed it. Still, I'm glad I made the vaguely sensible decision to leave early, it helped make the night a success which couldn't have been guaranteed if we had been stuck in the car park for hours. The other slightly disappointing thing was my lack of camera. I took the ticket rules 'no cameras' literally whereas actually it seems everyone had cameras. So no visual record of the night I'm afraid but take my word for it, it was awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment