We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Friday, July 16, 2010

One Step At A Time

I have to confess to feeling a little intimidated about my blogging. I was writing with such confidence but over the last few days I have been introduced to a whole new blogging community that I had no idea was out there. Don't get me wrong, I can not tell you how exciting it is to have new people reading about our lives and sharing their thoughts, I absolutely love it. However, it has meant I have started actually reading a lot more blogs and basically they are so bloody good! On one hand I am completely inspired and on the other I am wondering who the hell I think I am participating in this world of interesting, creative people? Much respect!

Anyway, I am participating and I have got news so I will plough on and hope that I don't appear too out of my depth. Coco, at the tender age of just 11 months, took her first real steps today! I was so excited I nearly squealed the house down and I am not generally a squealer. I worry sometimes that I don't get overly enthused about by beloved daughters achievements but today I made up for it. She has been doing one or two steps between strategically placed pieces of furniture for a week or so now but today was the real deal. Today, she was in the middle of the room with no support at all (wearing new shoes which I am sure she was showing off in) and she took a grand total of five steps! She even stopped in between each one to get her balance and have a little giggle. The feat was only interrupted by the fact she was clapping at herself so much that an uncontrollable wobble ended with her sitting down heavily on her nappy padded bottom.

We celebrated by sitting on the floor together and sharing a bowl of freshly made popcorn - most of which ended up being thrown around the kitchen.

Five steps count as first steps right? I'm not over reacting about this?


1 comment:

  1. Of course it counts! What a milestone - my little girl didn't walk until about 14 months. She sure makes up for it now though, by running, full tilt, everywhere!!

    ReplyDelete