We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Having Too Much Fun!

I have simply been too busy to sit for even 15 minutes at my computer to blog - and my computer is playing up but that's a whole other story - or keep in touch with anyone properly. Sorry everyone at home, I have been very slack but will do my best to improve.

Still no real joy on the local friend front but there is time and I am hopeful. However, I seem to be discovering things to do all of the time. I won't dwell on Friday too much, lets just say pub, football (boo), home for drinks with friends (yay) and then an evening in with a gorgeous supper and Coco Before Channel. For those who haven't seen it, you must. I loved it. It is a heart wrenching story and beautiful to watch and, of course, features another Coco! I am on a film mission at the moment. I have joined Blockbuster and DVD rental is cheap here so I am going to make my way through all of those films I have been meaning to see for ages. I have even made a list! The others I watched last week were Rachel's Getting Married - good, interesting to see Anne Hathaway in a more gritty role and The Gift - not so good. Kind of enjoyed it and kind of got spooked but we guessed the ending quite early on. Was expecting better from a pretty good cast.

Saturday was fun, the weather was superb and spent the morning hanging with my brother before packing up a picnic and going to watch the polo in the afternoon. I have always wanted to go to a polo match and haven't done it yet in the UK but I am so glad I went here. It did feel extremely English and very bizarre hearing American accents all around us. The American's sure know how to 'do' outdoor events though. The picnic / BBQ spreads we saw were truly awesome.

From the polo, Coco and I drove to the airport to pick up Angus. It is lovely to have him home and he passed his Celestial Navigation with flying colours, what a clever chap he is.

I am so pleased that Angus was home to celebrate his first Fathers Day with Coco. She obviously spoiled him rotten giving him a lie-in, cooking banana muffins for breakfast, buying him his favorite chocolate and taking him for a ocean walk in Sachuest Point National Wildlife Refuge (a good find - great walking right around the shoreline).
This week it is back to normal, Angus back to work, Coco and I doing our thing - we have joined a gym, signed up for swimming lessons and joined the library so we're getting there. But most importantly, our fitness regime started this week. Angus and I have signed up to run the Eden Project Half Marathon on 10th October which gives us about 16 weeks to get 13-mile fit! Arrgghh! We did our first run together yesterday and we were both pleasantly surprised at how well it went. OK, so it was only 1.3 miles, but a good 1.3 miles! Watch this space for our ongoing improvement.

Finally, any film recommendations would be gratefully received.

No comments:

Post a Comment