We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Where are the other Mommy's?

I am full of burger and the baby is sound asleep so I am taking advantage of the peace and quiet to have some blogging time.

Having had a disappointing morning I am feeling a lot more buoyant after a lovely lunch with a friend. You see the friend thing was what was so disappointing about my morning. After yesterday's 'Momless Mom Meet-Up I set out today to go to the Baby Gym having been reliably informed that takes place on Monday's and Thursday's and you just turn up and pay. On arrival I discovered that actually it only runs from October to May! This is no good to me - I need things to do in exactly the few months it is closed. Anyway, I was determined not to be defeated and having spotted a group of Mums with babies heading into the library, I followed. Does this sound too stalkerish?

The library looked promising - a handful of women with children roughly Coco's age were sitting playing and chatting in the children's area. I confidently plonked Coco on the floor and started finding books for her and pretty soon the opportunity arose for me to strike up conversation. You know the kind of thing; "How old is your child?", "He's so cute", bla bla bla and then I jumped in with, "So I'm new in town and do you know of any baby groups in the area?". I thought this was fairly inoffensive and tame but your should have seen everyone shut down! It was bizarre! Feeling fairly disheartened I brought my friend search to an end for the day, how on earth do you meet people in this town? Thank goodness for a lovely lunch arrangement to help make me feel a little less of a Norman-no-mates.

Quick question - Coco has taken to throwing all of her food off her high-chair tray straight onto the floor - literally every bit of finger food she is given - any suggestions on how to stop it? It is driving me mad! She is much better today by the way. No temperatures so far, no Calpol and seems back to her old self. Good news for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. Louisa - great to hear what you're all up to! I'm afraid I have no idea how to cure Coco's food concerns as Humphrey is not interested in food yet...

    Thank you so much for the little mirror you sent - it's fabulous and Humphrey has actually been spotted admiring himself in it! We are working on the grasping technique...

    Back to work on Monday... :(

    love
    jack

    ReplyDelete