We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Saturday, June 26, 2010

I really am a Mummy!

It feels like it is the most bizarre things that really make me feel like I am a Mummy. Not the things you'd expect like feeding times or nappy changing but those more random tasks. Angus and I were talking about it the other day and one of the things that we both agree is a real 'parent moment' is that ten minutes after bed time when you come downstairs, tidy all the toys away, clear up the tea things, put the dirty clothes in the laundry etc. It is the same routine pretty much everyday and it is literally just a few minutes of your day when you make the transition from family time to grown-up time and somehow it just defines being a parent.

I had another of these moments yesterday when I had to get Coco ready for nursery. It was her first day and a momentous occasion in itself but it was when I was standing with my permanent marker in hand writing 'Coco' on her snack box, beaker, bib and bag that I suddenly realised I was a Mummy!

Coco had the most amazing first nursery experience. She was only there for an hour and a half but she completely loved it. She's going to go three times a week now, just for a couple of hours, but she is such a sociable little thing that I think she will thrive being able to be with other children for a while. Plus, it gives me some time out! Yesterday I took the opportunity to do a 3-2-1 Shred exercise class. All I can say is OMG! I have NEVER hurt so much in my life... and still do! What a killer, I think I will opt for something a little gentler next time.

The weather is still beautiful and we were honored to be invited to the boats dock BBQ yesterday afternoon with the best homemade burgers I think I have ever tasted. I had thought that I was the queen of homemade burgers but I definitely have to hand the mantel over to Donnie - mine aren't a patch on his. He has given me his recipe though so I will have to try and replicate them at our next BBQ.

Looking forward to a sunny weekend with my delicious little family xx

No comments:

Post a Comment