We are a small, happy family of four. My husband, a baby, a dog and me. My husband works on a yacht. A large, luxury megayacht which tends to be based in some fairly fabulous places. The thing is, where the boat goes, we go! When she was was just eight weeks old our daughter, Coco, boarded her first trans-Atlantic flight and since then we haven't stopped. This is a blog of our rather unusual yet adventurous life. No two days are the same.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Busters

Today we nearly had a major family catastrophe! First of all I need to introduce you to the Busters. The most important Buster is of course Brother Buster - our dog at home. Then there is Big Buster and Baby Buster - two equally as cuddly fluffy yellow labs who are supposed to resemble Brother Buster. Next in line there is Blue Buster - he is the newest Buster and was bought as backup in case we lost the beloved and final Buster in the line-up... Bedtime Buster. 




Today we nearly lost Bedtime Buster. He is Coco's special toy and is never far from her side. A gift from some friends when she was born, he has accompanied us on all of our travels and she has not had one single night without him. Generally, I strictly enforce the 'Bedtime Buster stays at home' rule to try and avoid him being dropped / left anywhere. Why I wasn't on the ball today I don't know. Actually, I do know. It was all my fault. BIG confession time now... I was distracted by Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream. That'll teach me. 

I am sure you have guessed how the sad story goes, at some point during our walk this afternoon (while Mummy was chomping away on a disgustingly good ice-cream), Bedtime Buster escaped from the buggy and it was feared that he was never to be seen again! Sheer panic swept over me when I realised he was missing and I hotfooted it back in the direction we had come from. I was overcome with a wave of relief when I saw a forlorn, grubby looking Bedtime Buster draped over a wall at the side of the pavement. Thank you kind passer-by who picked him up and saved him for us. Phew!

There was something I should have shared with you yesterday and I was reminded when I took the photos off my camera earlier today. If I don't do it now it may be forgotten and that would be a travesty as it is an event which is more than blog worthy and deserves recording even if it is mainly in pictures. With just a few days to go until Coco's first Birthday, Angus thought of the very best present from him to her - a boat ride! She adorned a life-jacket and hit the high seas with Captain Daddy...


2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet relief! I remember when we thought we'd lost Cappers beloved doll (Carla... fitting that I would have a daughter whose doll has a stripper name). We were beside ourselves. She was MIA for 3 lonely days and then we found her... on the front verandah. How she got there, we'll never know. She was probably there all along and in our panic we kept stepping over her.

    Glad you found Bedtime Buster. So cute that the lovies are all named after the family dog!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucia doesn't have a teddy that she takes out and about, but she does have a Billy Winky Sheep Pillow that she will not sleep without! We forgot it the other week when we took her to Nanny's - thankfully she was so knackered from all the running around that she didn't actually notice, or we would have been in serious trouble!!!!! x

    ReplyDelete